Shelley is the host for this edition.
|Please visit us at Stitcher Radio to give us a rating and review!|
And congratulations to Jen on her perseverance and fortitude in her Lenten efforts.
1. Colbert or Colbert? Stephen Colbert is ditching his alter ego, Stephen Colbert of The Colbert Report on Comedy Central, to replace David Letterman on The Late Show. Shelley was amazed at how this subject dominated the news cycle for days after the announcement (We do take our late night tellie seriously). Everyone weighed in from The Guardian saying the choice is disappointing in it being just another middle-aged white guy, to the Philly blog saying it should have been Tina Fey, to In-Depth saying the replacement follows the new laws of late night television. Shelley, amazed again, realizes what a hot-button issue this is for Jen and Cait. Their individual diatribes against the tired format and mediocrity of the late night talk show genre suggest the networks should be rethinking a few things. Will Mr. Colbert as himself be able to keep The Following he has acquired? Does it matter?
2. Lady Gaga Flies. DeZeen Magazine is one of Shelley’s new favorite sources of cool things ever since Tyler Short and his amazing blinds. Now they have a video featuring Benjamin Males, a Brit, who has designed a flying dress for Lady Gaga. He talks about the future as people having personal flying machines( kind of sound like the folks back in Da Vinci’s age). Jen rhapsodizes about the videos accompanying Gaga’s latest album. Do you buy the flying dress idea at all for Gaga? Or, is this a synergistic PR ploy for both an artist and her tech innovator? Despite the videos, many feel Gaga’s latest album, ArtPop, is just sitting there; will a flying dress help?
3. Novel Eggs. BuzzFeed presents a compilation of 10 cooler ways to decorate Easter Eggs. Cait, tired of agreeing with Jen on everything breaks out in wonderful snark. But, Cait, how can you not love the subtle beauty and intricacy of eggs colored with paisley silk ties? Some tales of Easters Past are shared.
Errata: Shelley’s brain was compromised by too many chocolate bunnies:
1. It is indeed The Late Show. Steve Carell is the original cast member of The Daily Show whose name we could not remember.
2. Benjamin Males not Miles is the head of Studio XO, not Studio X.
Enrichments or Enragements:
|Shelley is enriched by her re-discovery of the joy at that point in writing when it all comes together. Maybe now she will write that novel.|
|Cait is enriched by the video of the Ben Folds and Rufus Wainwright rendition of George Michael’s Careless Whisper. Prepare to have your mind blown.|
|Jen is enriched by the new hidden object game by “>Big Fish called New Atlantis.|